Friday, April 5, 2013

Graduation Present...

I graduate with my associate's in Paralegal on June 1,2013 at Ford Field at 11:00am in Detroit, MI. This will clearly be the happiest day of my life next to seeing Drizzy in concert for the first time a couple years ago. Everybody keeps asking me what I want as a graduation present. The only thing I want is to meet Drake. Its been a long ride. For four years I have basically put my life on hold to take care of siblings and the fam around me. Thats cool and all but nobody really understands howw it feels to be 10 years old with 21 year old responsibility. At 10, I was taking care of a eight and three year and at the time, my own mother. My mother is an alcoholic. It's no secret. There's alot of deep seeded resentment and hurt that only I'm guessing liquor can cure. I want so bad for her to see what she has for a life, but that want seems like a dream now for 13 years and counting. I could have went out of state for college but decided to stay home and go to a community college. I mean really, who was gonna step in for my brothers and make sure they were ok? Sure, I had a fam that would, but for how long? I couldnt take that chance. Now, my brothers are 21 and 17. One has graduated from highschool and trying to find his next step in life and the other is on his way out of highschool as we speak. I am very proud of them but now that I have achieved something for myself, I have to live for me. After I graduate, I plan on interning and moving out of state. Its so time for a change. Change of scenry and change of perception. All I have ever seen is heartache, pain, and misery. For once, I'd just want to a genuwine happiness experience. I know seeing Drake would be that. I remember running home from school every Friday to catch Drake on Degrassi. I know people say they did this but I actually did!

Degrassi used to come on this network called Noggin which changed to "The-N". I use to have a countdown as to win the new episodes would come on, which was every Friday at 8 and back to back episodes sometimes on that day as well. You could tell me Drake wasn't a cutie pie. Star basketball player of the Degrassi basketball team and eventually Ashley (not her real name but a character on Degrassi) future boo. I can tell you every storyline dude was in. LOL. I know he probably wishes to burn those damn episodes but those were the only entertainment I had at the time. I looked forward to those episodes.

When he left Degrassi, I was still fascinated by the kid, so I'd google his real name and then I found out he rapped! Im like omg!!! That was right around the time he did a cameo for Trey in his video "Wonder Woman." Shortly, after that, he came out wit the mixtape Room For Improvement! I must of played that mixtape a thousand times. The rest after that was history...

I say all that to say this..he is an amazing artist and person to me. He still hangs with the same people he grew up with, he stills reps Toronto, and he still is humble. He's a bit on the cocky side but thats just him being sure of himself, at least thats what I take from it. If I had one wish, no RayJ intended, I would definately want to meet Drake in person as a graduation gift. He would make my day, year, shit, life! The dude I admire is everything and NOBODY is fuckin with dude. NOBODY!!

-Duchess

1 comment:

  1. You are the real deal.
    Check out www.BiggaFiggaMedia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete